PT Bank ICBC Indonesia, hereinafter referred to as the “The Bank” or “Bank ICBC Indonesia”, is the result of the acquisition of Bank Halim Indonesia by Industrial and Commercial Bank of China Limited (hereinafter referred to as “ICBC Limited”), on September 28, 2007. The Bank later renamed as PT Bank ICBC Indonesia.
ICBC Limited was ranked the 1st place among the Top 1000 World Banks by The Banker for the nine consecutive years. ICBC Limited was also as the 1st place in the Global 2000 by Forbes, and the 1st place in the list of commercial banks of the Global 500 in Fortune for the ninth consecutive year, and took the 1st place among the Top 500 Banking Brands of Brand Finance for the sixth consecutive year.
ICBC Limited controls 98.61% of The Bank’s shares, while the remaining 1.39% is owned by PT Intidana Wijaya.
The acquisition of Bank Halim Indonesia by ICBC Limited is a good starting point to build the foundation for The Bank’s next successes. Relocation of its headquarter from Surabaya to Jakarta in December 2007 was the first step The Bank took in responding to the increasing demand for products and services after the acquisition.
Utilizing a strategic geographical position in Indonesia and an adequate networking, banking system support from ICBC Limited, and high Shareholder trust, enabling the Bank to provide high quality and efficient banking services and products to both corporate and individual Customers.
Currently, The Bank has 15 (fifteen) branch networks and 3 (three) sub branch offices spread over 7 (seven) provinces in Indonesia, namely, DKI Jakarta, West Java, East Java, North Sumatra, Riau Islands, East Kalimantan and South Sulawesi, with the placement of professional and qualified Human Resources reaching more than 600 (six hundred) employees.
To facilitate access for Customers to savings accounts, The Bank has integrated its ATM network with ICBC Limited and ATM Bersama’s networks. Thus, The Bank Customers can use ICBC Indonesia ATM Cards not only in ICBC ATM terminal in Indonesia, but also in 130,000 other bank ATMs incorporated into the ATM Bersama and LINK networks.
After more than 1 (one) decade providing banking services in Indonesia, The Bank continues to develop products and services by focusing on customer needs. The support of resources from the holding company ICBC Limited with a global perspective and qualified technology encourages The Bank in the achievement of all business needs in Indonesia.
In order to maximize the achievement of its mission to become an economic, financial, and cultural bridge between Indonesia and China, The Bank offers a variety of best products and services to customers from Corporate and Commercial, Consumer, as well as Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs). In 2021, The Bank was appointed as ACCD (Appointed Cross Currency Dealer) Bank by Bank Indonesia and People’s Bank of China (PBC) to facilitate the implementation of Local Currency Settlement (LCS). The Bank constantly develops strategies and transforms into a leading financial institution with the best service, performance, and contribution so that it can contribute to the economic development of Indonesia. Going forward, The Bank is ready to achieve higher performance.
The selection of SOEs customers and blue-chip companies, changes in The Bank’s revenue structure which emphasized on the growth of commission income contribution, changes in The Bank’s funding structure that focused on the growth of third-party funds, especially current accounts and savings accounts, accelerates the growth of consumer businesses, strengthens internal monitoring, and technology utilization from ICBC Limited will bring The Bank into a leading financial institution in Indonesia.
NAME AND LEGAL ENTITY STATUS CHANGE
The Bank was first established under the name of PT Bankit in 1970 which then changed its name to Bank Halim Indonesia in 1989.
After going through the acquisition process by ICBC Limited on June 6, 2007, The Bank then changed its name to PT Bank ICBC Indonesia on September 28, 2007.